[plt-scheme] dtrace like logging?

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 27 16:26:01 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 8:31 PM, YC <yinso.chen at gmail.com> wrote:
> The challenge with trace is of course that it doesn't work with modules
> unless you can afford to modify, stop and restart services, so not very
> handy for real-time production environment debugging.  What's your
> experience like in this regard?

Generally our users are in the same time zone, so we can easily
restart services after office hours. Other times we post notice that
the system will be down for a bit.

I see these kind of tools as a last resort. Ideally our development
process would catch all bugs before release,. Failing that (and it
will fail) we'd have sufficient logging that we could replay
interactions, and a dev. environment we could debug in, rather than
using the live site. We aren't there yet, but it's the goal.

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.