[plt-scheme] cannot use drscheme (collection paths are empty) (Satux Linux)

From: Emilio (emilio.moretti at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 14 15:04:39 EST 2009

I installed DrScheme 4.1.4 on Satux Linux

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-shared
make
sudo make install

No problems at all, mzscheme works without problems but drscheme is
giving me a hard time.
Seems not to be finding the collections. But they are installed. I
verified /usr/local/lib/plt and the files are present.

This is the error message:

Warning: your collection paths are empty!
ACK! didn't find drscheme's stackframe when filtering
. Module Language: There must be a valid module in the
definitions window.  Try starting your program with

  #lang scheme

and clicking ‘Run’.

Interactions disabled.

What should I do? did I miss a step? don't really know why it's not
working. I tried with #lang scheme but the error message is:

Welcome to DrScheme, version 4.1.4 [3m].
Language: Module custom; memory limit: 128 megabytes.
Warning: your collection paths are empty!
Module Language: invalid module text
standard-module-name-resolver: collection not found: #<path:scheme/
lang> in any of: ()

Interactions disabled.

thanks for your time.

Posted on the users mailing list.