[plt-scheme] behaviour of void?

From: Arthur Nunes-Harwit (anh at cs.rit.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 5 15:32:55 EST 2009

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Prabhakar Ragde wrote:

> Part of what I (and many others) would like to see are ways of
> attracting students to CS who might be turned off by the gaming
> stereotypes fostered in pre-secondary settings (many of them, in our
> setting, will have strong math skills). So suggestions for projects that
> are not games would also be appreciated. --PR

Personally, I found projects involving computer algebra, (crude) natural
language parsing, and programming language implementation quite exciting.
(This was way back when I took a course based on SICP.)

I'd like to see more projects like those.  Today I'm told either that
that's too hard or that it's not exciting to students today.

Posted on the users mailing list.