[plt-scheme] Re: [plt-edu] Scribble for exams?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sun Dec 6 15:37:08 EST 2009

[Replies set to the plt-scheme, please avoid cross-posting, which
leads to lots of messages being held for approval from people who are
on one list and not on another...]

On Dec  6, John Clements wrote:
> Apologies if this has been mentioned before; a quick search turns up
> nothing.
>
> Has anyone developed a framework for expressing exams using
> scribble?  I can imagine a whole bunch of ways this might work:
>
> [...]
> 2) An extension/adaptation to/of the built-in latex renderer that
> interprets sections as exam questions, etc.

IIUC, this should be very easy -- start by defining `question' as
`section', and then add some more code that will create the front
page.

[And speaking about on-line delivery of exams, I have a system for
doing tests in a lab: run a client on each machine which locks it in a
"kiosk mode"-like state, and the clients all connect to the test
server which collects the text that students write.  I've used it last
semester and this one, and it works pretty well.  But this is
unrelated to a scribble library for writing exams -- in fact, since
clients lock the machine down, there is no PDF viewer and no browser.
(For obvious reasons.)]