[plt-scheme] Newbie question about PLT web application

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 18 23:58:32 EDT 2009

Hi gadva,

I don't understand what you mean be "put the server online". This
message might explain something useful to you.

PLT Web apps are not like Perl CGI Web apps that can be served off a
server like Apache that you're likely to find on a hosting company,
like FatCow. PLT Web apps run inside a custom PLT Web server. If you
want to run a live application, like mail.google.com, then you have to
run the PLT server on the host (modulo proxying, etc). [Caveat, you
could build a CGI proxy fairly easily, but FatCow (eg) doesn't have
PLT installed, so it's a no go.]

So, the only way that the server runs is how it runs when you use
web-sever/insta, serve/servlet, or plt-web-server. Once the server is
running on whatever port, it's up to you to direct live traffic there
somehow.

Jay

Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>
http://teammccarthy.org/jay