[plt-scheme] Question about Intermediate Student

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 9 22:45:39 EDT 2009

Todd,

Thanks for the question.  I'm happy to answer it, but first, the code
you've posted looks an awful lot like the solution to a homework
problem from HtDP -- in fact, one that was assigned recently in a
course here at Northeastern University.  I have no doubt your
intentions were innocent, but please do not post complete solutions to
homework problems on this mailing list.  Students (at any school) may
not be so noble in their intentions when looking up Scheme on the
internet.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Todd O'Bryan <toddobryan at gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem is that you can pass the result of this function to other
> functions, but you can't call it.
>
> (build-list 5 (arithmetic-sequence 2 3)) --> (list 2 5 8 11 14)
>
> but
>
> ((arithmetic-sequence 2 3) 0) produces an error.

I pasted the code you provided and the expression above did not give
me an error - it produced a value.  I tried it in both the definitions
window and the interactions window.  What error message are you
seeing?

--
Carl Eastlund