[plt-scheme] Intended semantics of make-collection

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 1 04:24:14 EDT 2008

Hello,

What is the intended semantics of make-collection?  The docs read:

"Builds bytecode files for each file in collection-files, writing each
to a "compiled" subdirectory and automatically managing dependencies.
Supply '#("zo") as argv to compile all files."

I read this as meaning it does what mzc -k does, which is compile a
file and all its dependencies (hence "automatically managing
dependencies").  It doesn't, however, do this.  Instead it compiles
just the specified files and not their dependencies.

My suspicion is that nobody used make-collection, as I just fixed a
bug in it.  The code still looks a bit hokey.  For example, it creates
a "compiled" directory, when this could be delegated to the
compile-zos in compiler/compiler.

Thanks,
Noel

Posted on the users mailing list.