[plt-scheme] Proxying the PLT web server?

From: Marek Kubica (marek at xivilization.net)
Date: Fri Oct 24 12:10:51 EDT 2008

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 22:43:55 -0700
YC <yinso.chen at gmail.com> wrote:

> mod_rewrite is another possible solution with Apache, but if your
> outputs contain links that need to be rewritten (i.e. removing
> prefixes such as /servlets/), than you probably need more than just
> mod_rewrite.

I have yet to try what happens with URLs that the web server generates,
but I got that stuff running now. mod_ssl was a big problematic, since
I've got cascaded CAs, but once it found all certificates, logging in
was easy. Then I just added mod_headers to add a X-UserName header and
mod_proxy(_http) to forward the connections to the internal PLT web
server.

Works like a charm now, awesome!

I decided against using the HTTPS server that is provided by PLT since
setting up such routine stuff can be made in Apache without problems
and when I update to 2.2.8 I'll be able to use SNI (=multiple VHosts)
without problems.

Now I need to set up the PLT server properly, so I can use more then
just one servlet at a time, but that should be really easy now.

Thanks for the help! If anyone is interested in the configuration, I
can mail it.

regards,
Marek

Posted on the users mailing list.