[OT] Re: [plt-scheme] DrScheme quote in Latex?

From: Jakub Piotr Cłapa (jpc-ml at zenburn.net)
Date: Tue Oct 21 19:32:10 EDT 2008

Marco Morazan wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> How can I get Latex (i.e. Miktex using WinEdt) to print DrScheme's
> (straight) ' instead of a curly quote? Verbatim and $'$ don't quite
> work although $'$ is closer than anything else I have tried.

Apart from the font change solution from Richard (which is IMHO the best
way but may be not the easiest if you don't find a good existing font)
you could try (especially if you use pdf(la)tex) to use tikz and draw
the quote mark yourself. I've done this once to draw my own symbol when
breaking long lines in listings.

\usepackage{tikz}

\newcommand{\br}{\tikz[baseline=-1.5ex] \draw[rounded corners=.3ex,->]
(0ex,0ex) -- (0ex,-1.2ex) -- (-1.1ex,-1.2ex);}

OTOH I don't know how difficult would it be to plug this as a default
handler for ' so you wouldn't have to replace ' with \q (or some other
command) everywhere.

--
regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa