[plt-scheme] parallel planet versions?

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 8 14:58:59 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 1:56 PM, YC <yinso.chen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> does (require (planet module:version)) locks the module to load from a
> specific version?

Yes.

> I have multiple versions of a module (development link) running on a single
> server, and it seems that changes to the latest version impacts modules that
> are supposed to load from an earlier version.

But a version specification like you write above is considered
satisfied by any version where the major version is the same and the
minor version is bigger than what you request.

You can lock in a specific minor version with the = specifier (using
the more verbose syntax for planet requires).

  (require (planet ("f.ss" ("me" "x.plt" 1 (= 2))))