[plt-scheme] SLaTeX: getting it to work

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 6 16:48:03 EST 2008

PS: The problem here has nothing to do (afaict) with MikTeX vs other
TeX installations.  When run, the SLaTeX code seems to begin running
and then stop running, but in-between it doesn't seem to be spitting
out the .Z files.  So, later, the LaTeX package appears to load
slatex.sty correctly and looks for the .Z files and doesn't find them,
and blows up.  The absence of the dots, to my mind, is the key, and
that appears to be completely independent of the TeX installation.

Bas, is it just possible that you somehow don't have write access in
the directory you're trying to write in?  Have you tried it from your
My Documents or some other such place, instead of within the PLT
installation directory?

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Bas Steunebrink <bass at cs.uu.nl> wrote:
>> Yes, same problem:
>
> Has anyone successfully used sLaTeX with the Windows MiKTex LaTeX system?
>
> Bas, perhaps it would work correctly using cygwin's LaTeX? (totally guessing)

Posted on the users mailing list.