[plt-scheme] SLaTeX: getting it to work

From: Bas Steunebrink (bass at cs.uu.nl)
Date: Sun Nov 9 07:41:27 EST 2008

That's a good point, Shriram; one that I had already run into. But LaTeX
had already complained that it couldn't create a "quick.log" in the PLT
directory to save the fact that it couldn't find the .Z files. So I
tried again with administrator priviliges; this time LaTeX had not
trouble creating log files but still SLaTeX generated no .Z files.

Bas

PS: I just noticed your name shows up in the acknowledgments of at least
4 of my Scheme books here (Little/Seasoned/Reasoned Schemer, EOPL),
nice! :-)

Shriram Krishnamurthi schreef:
> PS: The problem here has nothing to do (afaict) with MikTeX vs other
> TeX installations.  When run, the SLaTeX code seems to begin running
> and then stop running, but in-between it doesn't seem to be spitting
> out the .Z files.  So, later, the LaTeX package appears to load
> slatex.sty correctly and looks for the .Z files and doesn't find them,
> and blows up.  The absence of the dots, to my mind, is the key, and
> that appears to be completely independent of the TeX installation.
>
> Bas, is it just possible that you somehow don't have write access in
> the directory you're trying to write in?  Have you tried it from your
> My Documents or some other such place, instead of within the PLT
> installation directory?
>
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Bas Steunebrink <bass at cs.uu.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, same problem:
>>>
>> Has anyone successfully used sLaTeX with the Windows MiKTex LaTeX system?
>>
>> Bas, perhaps it would work correctly using cygwin's LaTeX? (totally guessing)

Posted on the users mailing list.