[plt-scheme] Re: Fwd: Sweet-expressions on PLT

From: Eduardo Bellani (ebellani at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 3 18:24:12 EST 2008

Damn, pressed the send button a tad earlier than what I should have, sorry,
here is an elaboration.
Papert created a learning theory called constructionism, which, amongst
other things, advocates
for the creation of "microworlds", where students can related physically,
intellectually and culturally
to the subject, and to build or construct it's own version of it.

So, by presenting people with something they can relate more easily to,
I smooth the process of building the knowledge for the students, and by
doing
that they have a better chance to learn and actually enjoy it.
If anyone wants to discuss Papert and constructionism
(which are waaaay offtopic here), just email me ;)

Hugs