[plt-scheme] Re: Fwd: Sweet-expressions on PLT

From: Eduardo Bellani (ebellani at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 3 18:08:31 EST 2008

Hey there Bohdan,

If I could present XML/XSLT in a "sweeter" form, but maintaining the meaning
and power of the language, sure, why not?
I take all my teaching/learning cues from Seymour Papert mate, and he
created LOGO...

Anyway, pointers are more than welcome.
Hugs and thanks again for all the replies guys.

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 8:07 PM, <kbohdan at mail.ru> wrote:

> Eduardo Bellani wrote:
>
>  I'm looking at sweet-expressions not as a way for me to learn scheme more
>> easily (that
>> would be cool, but it's not my main goal), but to teach it/showcase it to
>> other people,
>> because what I think the "problem" sweet-expressions fix is the
>> readability of the code,
>> which for me (and I'm pretty sure for my target audience, consisted of
>> ruby/java/c++ and some python guys, too),
>> is somewhat hard to read.
>>

> Assuming that most of "java ... python" guys are forced to use XML&XSLT:
>
> Do you think that representing XML/XSLT in a "sweet" form to promote
> learning it is a good idea ?
>
> --
> Bohdan

Eduardo Bellani

www.cnxs.com.br

"What is hateful to you, do not to your fellow men. That is the entire Law;
all the rest is commentary." The Talmud