[plt-scheme] (Newbie) MrEd modues using Emacs Quack

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed May 7 06:55:38 EDT 2008

There's been a little more information about this topic in the more
distant past. Here's a shortcut:

  evaluate (current-eventspace (make-eventspace))

in the REPL and then the GUI callbacks and the REPL evaluations will
happen on different threads and avoid blocking each other.

Of course, this is probably not what you want, since it can introduce
threading bugs into your program. But it may be enough to tide you
over to v4.

The proper fix (which is what v4 will do) is to have the
read-eval-print-loop create a separate thread that blocks on reads,
keeping the eventspace main thread free to handle events during that
time. Then, when it gets an expression, it should send the expression
off to the eventspace main thread for evaluation.

Robby