[plt-scheme] (Newbie) MrEd modues using Emacs Quack

From: Benjamin L. Russell (dekudekuplex at yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 7 06:41:03 EDT 2008

Hi Andrei,

Apparently, according to the post by Robby Findler in the thread "[plt-scheme] Interactive gui development in Emacs with MrEd" (http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2008-May/024528.html), MrEd needs to be updated to v4 before the implementation of -z will "do the right thing"; i.e., put up a GUI window with the label "Hello!" upon evaluation of your module "test mzscheme."

Also, per the post by Neil Van Dyke (http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2008-May/024530.html) in the same thread, you also need to update quack.el (at http://www.neilvandyke.org/quack/) from version 0.30 to version 0.31 (it was last updated on 2008-05-03).

After updating quack.el to version 0.31, then once MrEd is updated to v4, you should be able to evaluate your module "test mzscheme" in Emacs Quack mode with "mred.exe -z" running, and it should put up a GUI window with the label "Hello!"

However, according to the post by Matthias Felleisen (http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2008-May/024547.html) in the thread "[plt-scheme] release of 4.0," "Due to (un)foreseen problems that crept into the release process, [the developers] are postponing the release of version 4.0 until early/mid June."

I.e., just stay tuned until then.

Benjamin L. Russell