[plt-scheme] IE Warnings

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Jun 27 06:17:59 EDT 2008

On Jun 27, Noel Welsh wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> > But if there's a link to something that is not an html file (like
> > the release notes text files), then there's no way to add that
> > comment, and these links will just not work.  That makes things
> > considerabley worse.
>
> It seems to me that there is no completely satisfactory solution,
> but a partial solution is better than no solution.

That's why I mentioned the fact that there is no error at all!  If
there was an error (better, a dialog that asks you to confirm going to
the link) then that would be fine.  But IE refuses to go to the link
in complete silence -- there is no indication that something is wrong,
it just doesn't work.  That's bad enough that it should never happen.
(It's so bad that even though I just read about the problem 30 seconds
before, when I tried it I still kept left-clicking with stronger
force.  It's completely counter-intuitive.)