[plt-scheme] Fonts with proper angle brackets

From: Jakub Piotr Cłapa (jpc-ml at zenburn.net)
Date: Sat Jun 14 15:58:07 EDT 2008

Eli Barzilay wrote:
> I've searched the Unicode names list
> (http://unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/NamesList.txt) for anything that
> sounds vaguely relevant, and tested it in four browsers on Windows
> (IE, FF, Opera, Safari) and two on Linux (Galeon, FF).  See the
> results are at
>
>   http://tmp.barzilay.org/xx.html
>
> It looks like 3008,3009 are good choices, but the problem is that they
> render with a wide space on the left/right,

On a Mac the 2329,232A render with strange spacing. (3008 and 3009 look ok)

> I then
> tried 2039,203A (angle quotation mark), and I think that they look
> better, even though strictly speaking they're incorrect.

They look nice in the docs and since that's only a notation you may
create yours (the Wikipedia controversy was around showing <> as angle
brackets in an article about angle brackets, not much relevant to this
situation IMHO)

--
regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa