[plt-scheme] accessing a running web server

From: Dave Gurnell (d.j.gurnell at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 23 19:11:23 EST 2008

Hi Rob,

Have a look at the "net-repl.plt" package on PLaneT and see if it does
what you want:

     http://planet.plt-scheme.org/display.ss?package=net-repl.plt&owner=untyped

If not, please send an email to Noel (copied above) or myself. We had
a first stab at it but haven't used it in anger yet.

Cheers,

-- Dave

> You could do something like this, but you'd have to code it up
> yourself.
>
> Essentially, you could put `(eval (read-from-string string-from-web))'
> and do all that. You'd want to password protect it, etc, of course.
> But it is do-able. As for a `telnet' interface, you could write a
> telnet in Scheme.
>
> This is all do-able, but not easily, like in say... Seaside.
>
> Jay
>
> On Jan 23, 2008 2:19 PM, Rob Hunter <rob.hunter at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm interested in being able to access a running PLT Scheme web
>> server.  In particular, I'm hoping to be able to do something like
>> both of the following:
>>
>> 1)
>>
>> ... some web server code ...
>> (debug-console)
>> ... more code ...
>>
>> When debug-console is invoked, I get some sort of "shell" access,
>> where I can enter in Scheme expressions and have these expressions
>> evaluated as if they were written in the original program at the
>> point
>> of the debug-console call.
>>
>> 2) The ability to "telnet" or otherwise attach to a running server,
>> and be able to enter expressions, perhaps even changing definitions.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Rob

Posted on the users mailing list.