[plt-scheme] 'grabbing' the canvas/pasteboard? to scroll with the mouse pointer

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 18 13:20:26 EST 2008

At Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:11:02 +0000, "Stephen De Gabrielle" wrote:
> Thanks, at least I know where to look.
>
> I have also been looking at 'wxs_madm.cc'  specifically;
> > static Scheme_Object * os_wxMediaAdminScrollTo (int n , Scheme_Object * p
> [] ) {
>
> I'm having trouble making sense of it because I have no experience in c++,
> and the code lacks any comments.
>
> Is there any documentation to this stuff.

The `scroll-to' method of the `editor-admin%' class is documented in
the usual place in the MrEd manual.

The code that you're looking at is machine generated. If you really
want to see the implementation of that method, go to

 src/mred/wxme/wx_medad.cxx

and look for `wxMediaCanvasAdmin::ScrollTo', which typically calls
`wxMediaCanvas::ScrollTo' (in the same file).

There is no documentation about the implementation at this level other
than the sparse comments in the code (still a bit more than in the
machine-generated part, though).

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.