[plt-scheme] Newbie help please

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Fri Feb 8 18:31:53 EST 2008

On Feb 6, 2008, at 1:24 AM, mobius wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> to preface, I have been a windows user / developer for a long time and
> this is one of my initial attempts to become familiar with developing
> on linux command line
> [I am trying to get ARC to properly run on my RHEL system]
>
> I have downloaded MzScheme v 352 as well as Arc0
> http://arclanguage.org/install
>
> I have downloaded the appropriate tar files and am able to extract
> them ok - I am having trouble with the following:
>
> #2 Put MzScheme's bin directory on the path
> #3 From the arc0 directory, run the command mzscheme -m -f as.scm, as
> recommended
> --
>
> I believe my problems are with #2...
>
> My directory structure is as follows:
> |_mzscheme
>  |_arc0
>     |_as.scm
>  |_mz
>    |_BIN (directory)
>       |_mzscheme
>

> Any help would be kindly appreciated -- Thank

Looks like you didn't get a response to this.

Are you having trouble with #2 (putting mzscheme's bin directory on
the path), or #3 (invoking mzscheme)? It's not clear exactly what
problem you're having. Is there an error message that you could pass
along?

John Clements

Posted on the users mailing list.