[plt-scheme] Specifying directory sandbox evalutes file requires relative to

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sun Aug 31 19:52:25 EDT 2008

On Aug 31, Robby Findler wrote:
> I think that Eli recently mentioned that he'd found a way to pack a
> whole bunch of files into a single Emacs buffer and then edit them
> and then unpack them again -- if you did that, you could use an
> emacs macro to make the change to them all.

I've put this script at http://barzilay.org/misc/multifile

It's really pretty simple: it can get a list of files on the command
line, and (with `-p') pack them all into a single file; or, in unpack
mode (`-u'), it can unpack such an archive back into its place (and it
compares the contents first, so you don't get different timestamps for
all of the files).  The main property of this single file is that it
is still editable since it's more or less the concatenation of the
files with separators interleaved.  Note that it doesn't even have a
tree scanning facility -- I use zsh, which means that I can simply run

  multifile -p /tmp/archive **/*.ss

to pack all scheme files in a directory.

There is also a `-c' flag that is a shorthand for packing the file,
running a command with the file as an argument, then unpacking the
file, so, for example, I can perform some global edit of the PLT
collections with:

  cd .../plt
  multifule -c emacs collects/**/*.ss