[plt-scheme] fluxus 0.13

From: Dave Griffiths (dave at pawfal.org)
Date: Sat Sep 22 13:48:47 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-22 at 14:23 -0300, Glauber Alex Dias Prado wrote:
> Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> writes:
>
> > Dave, can you share with us what (1) live coding really means (live
> > audience, electronic audience, feedback?, off-line audience i.e.,
> > recorded) and (2) what fluxus contributes to live coding the actual
> > case. (If it were in front of a live audience, what do you need
> > beyond drscheme or emacs/mzschme?.) Thanks -- Matthias
> >
> Hi Matthias, excuse my intromission Dave, also sorry for sending a half
> answered response (was an error on my side here, too many buttons :)).
>
> Now that the damage is done im going to try to answer it as i could
> understand up to till now and let Dave give a more tailored answer.

I would point the interested towards http://www.toplap.org and
particularly http://www.toplap.org/index.php/ManifestoDraft

For me live coding is a way of showing people what you are doing when
using computers for artistic performances, and making such performances
more inclusive for people.

Fluxus (the application, rather than the set of PLT extensions) makes
this easier for graphics as the code is displayed floating over the top
of the realtime rendered result.

cheers,

dave

Posted on the users mailing list.