[plt-scheme] Keybinding blank slate?

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 16 22:33:26 EDT 2007

The fact that you see non-workign bindings in there is a bug. I think
you've told me about one or reported it and I just haven't had time to
fix it.

But, if you want to take a look, there is code in
framework/private/keybindings.ss that tries to remove all non-working
bindings from the list.

Maybe just fixing that would help?

Robby

On 9/16/07, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:
> On 9/16/07, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> > I guess you could make a tool that set the definition's window's
> > keymap to #f (the set-keymap method). Why do you ask?
>
> I'm interested in the idea of preparing a keybinding configuration for
> Windows in which there is only one way to perform an operation, and
> each binding is guaranteed to work.
>
> Right now when you go to the keybinding listing in DrScheme you are
> sometimes given 5+ options for how to perform the command, then you
> have to try out each one to see what will work. Usually it is the
> first one; but not always. If only the workings bindings were listed
> in there, it would be more of a reference of how to use DrScheme than
> just a list of all of the different possibilities.
>
> Of course, maybe this is to difficult or far from the norm, I would
> like to know if it is of course.

Posted on the users mailing list.