[plt-scheme] `graphical border' in panel% and pane%'s ???

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed May 23 20:25:41 EDT 2007

At Wed, 23 May 2007 19:59:10 -0400, Kyle Smith wrote:
> "Because a panel or pane is a containee as well as a container, it
> has a containee margin in addition to its border margin. For a panel,
> these margins are not redundant because the panel can have a
> graphical border; the border is drawn inside the panel's containee
> margin, but outside the panel's border margin."
>
> A search through the Help Desk, and Søgaard's Source Search, turns up
> only this single reference to a `graphical border'.  Does anyone know
> anymore about it; in particular how you would go about drawing in or
> assigning a bitmap% to this area?

You can't draw into it. I'm not sure that even implementation of the
panel% classes can draw into it, because it may be under the control of
the underlying GUI toolkit. (I forget offhand whether it actually is on
any platform right now, but it's under the GUI toolkit's control in
principle.)

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.