[plt-scheme] Are new Schemers supposed to be reading SRFIs?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu May 10 17:35:06 EDT 2007

On May 10, Robby Findler wrote:
> If the srfi authors had given them all short names, it might
> eliminate those concerns -- the number is authoritative, but the
> name just helps remember it.
> Maybe base the names on the titles of the srfis?

I remember that there were similar suggestions, and none was adopted.
I think that doing this with the names is a recipe for disaster.  For
example, Olin steps in with a new and revised list library that is
posted as a new srfi, or when some naming convention is adopted for
all srfis and it just happens that we have different names, etc.