[plt-scheme] PLT Scheme linux distribution

From: Keith Frost (keith.l.frost at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 26 15:47:39 EDT 2007

Currently, in order to get a working PLT scheme installation, I do
cd plt-370/src
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/plt
make
sudo make install

If I now copy /usr/local/plt from one RHEL3 linux box to
/usr/local/plt on another one, everything works fine.  If, however, I
copy to /home/foo/bar on the other box, and then try to run
/home/foo/bar/bin/mzscheme, I get

/usr/local/foo/bin/mzscheme: error while loading shared libraries:
libmzscheme3m-370.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

Is this to be expected?  How hard would it be to remove absolute
library paths from the installation, so that the executable looks up a
relative (to itself) path to the associated library?

Or is this an RHEL3-specific problem?  I ask this, because I notice
that the DrScheme "Scheme:Create Executable:Distribution" process
gives me the same error on RHEL 3.  Maybe it's supposed to work when
the prefix path is relocated, also?

Thanks,

Keith Frost

Posted on the users mailing list.