[plt-scheme] Recent docs in PDF

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Jun 22 16:34:40 EDT 2007

On Jun 22, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> On 6/22/07, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:
> > Thanks Paulos.
> >
> > From a publishing perspective, how difficult is it I wonder to publish
> > them in A4 (length width) rather than letter?

Building the documents is difficult -- there are lots of tools
involved, and dealing with tex is not a pleasant experience.  (Which
is why getting away from that is a good idea...)  Using the PLT PDFs
makes more sense.

> Are they letter sized?

Yes.

> What do you mean by publish?
>
> I've always printed them to A4 just fine. Have you had any problem
> with that?

There shouldn't be much problems with printing letter sized documents
on A4 paper -- it's the other way that is usually problematic.
(Letter size is only 6mm wider than A4, but 18mm shorter; and on top
of that, horizontal margins tend to be much bigger than vertical
margins.)