[plt-scheme] Checking for libraries

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 11 04:53:18 EDT 2007

On 6/11/07, hufflen jean-michel <hufflen at lifc.univ-fcomte.fr> wrote:

>    I wrote a program---maybe you heard about it: MlBibTeX---that may be run
> with PLT Scheme, provided that there is a FFI with the C language and the
> "ssax-sxml" library.  My question is:
>
>    -If an end-user would like to install it with PLT as a Scheme interpreter,
> there should be a test in order to ensure that the PLT Scheme installed
> includes this "FFI" and "ssax-sxml".

All recent versions of PLT Scheme come with the FFI, and the ssax-sxml
library can be automatically downloaded via Planet
(http://planet.plt-scheme.org).  So you really shouldn't have to do
any tests in your program, other than perhaps checking the version of
PLT Scheme which you can do thus:

~> mzscheme
Welcome to MzScheme v370.2 [3m], Copyright (c) 2004-2007 PLT Scheme Inc.
> (version)
"370.2"

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.