[plt-scheme] Application of PLT-Scheme (fwd)

From: Ivanyi Peter (pivanyi at freemail.hu)
Date: Wed Jun 6 09:32:14 EDT 2007

Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> írta:

> 1. Did you implement AutoLisp via an interpreter or via a
macro
> translator from AutoLisp to PLT Scheme?

I have used syntax transformers. If anyone interested I have put
an extra page about it:

http://www.hexahedron.hu/personal/peteri/autolisp/simulator/implement.html

> (I know
> AutoLisp is dynamically scoped, so this latter would be
challenging
> for the border cases.)

I am not sure what you mean by this. Can you elaborate?

> 2. Did you implement a language level in DrScheme for
AutoLisp?

No. I do not know how to do that. I will check the help desk.

> 3. Did you need to interface with the AutoCAD graphics
engine at all?

No. No parts of AutoCAD was used.

> 4. Do you use MysterX (COM) to connect to Excel?

Unfortunately not. I create a CVS file. The reason is that
there is no
MysterX in AutoCAD, and exactly the same program must run in
AutoCAD and in the simulation environment.

> 5. Did you consider writing a translator from AutoLisp to
PLT Scheme
> so that your AutoLisp developers could read the target
code and
> develop in Scheme directly?

No. At the moment it is easier to find an AutoLISP
programmer than a
Scheme programmer.

Best regards,

Peter Ivanyi