[plt-scheme] 370.6 segmentation fault

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 26 11:07:50 EDT 2007

At Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:51:59 +0200, "Marijn Schouten (hkBst)" wrote:
> I built plt using the 370.6 nightly snapshot of 25 July, but the same thing
> happens for revision 6970.
>
> Unfortunately drscheme segfaults right after it finishes loading the six
> pictures on the lambda picture. The command that starts drscheme on my system
> is:
>
> /usr/bin/mred -N /usr/bin/drscheme -ZmvqL- drscheme.ss drscheme
>
> When I run this on the console it says only:
>
> Seg fault (internal error) at 0x20
> Aborted

I'm not sure what's going wrong. Here are some things to try that might
help us pin down the problem:

 0. Does

     /usr/bin/mred -N /usr/bin/drscheme -ZjmvqL- drscheme.ss drscheme
                                          ^--- added "j" to disable JIT

    fail in the same way?

 1. Does running

      mzscheme -qr ..../collects/tests/mzq.ss

    fail any tests (where "...." is the path to the main "collects"
    directory)?

 2. Does `drschemecgc' work? To get `drschemecgc' `make both' and `make
    install-both' insteda of just `make' and `make install'.

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.