[plt-scheme] 370.6 segmentation fault

From: Marijn Schouten (hkBst) (hkBst at gentoo.org)
Date: Thu Jul 26 11:59:58 EDT 2007

Matthew Flatt wrote:
> At Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:51:59 +0200, "Marijn Schouten (hkBst)" wrote:
>> I built plt using the 370.6 nightly snapshot of 25 July, but the same thing
>> happens for revision 6970.
>> Unfortunately drscheme segfaults right after it finishes loading the six
>> pictures on the lambda picture. The command that starts drscheme on my system
>> is:
>> /usr/bin/mred -N /usr/bin/drscheme -ZmvqL- drscheme.ss drscheme
>> When I run this on the console it says only:
>> Seg fault (internal error) at 0x20
>> Aborted
> I'm not sure what's going wrong. Here are some things to try that might
> help us pin down the problem:
>  0. Does
>      /usr/bin/mred -N /usr/bin/drscheme -ZjmvqL- drscheme.ss drscheme
>                                           ^--- added "j" to disable JIT
>     fail in the same way?

yes, fails the same way

>  1. Does running
>       mzscheme -qr ..../collects/tests/mzq.ss
>     fail any tests (where "...." is the path to the main "collects"
>     directory)?

$ mzscheme -qr /usr/lib64/plt/collects/tests/mzscheme/mzq.ss
Performed 65881 expression tests (59416 good expressions, 6465 bad expressions)
and 13996 exception field tests.

Passed all tests.

>  2. Does `drschemecgc' work? To get `drschemecgc' `make both' and `make
>     install-both' insteda of just `make' and `make install'.

$ drschemecgc
Segmentation fault

BTW I did:
configure ...
make cgc
make install
make install-cgc

and it built cgc variants, but it seems it did not install the normal 3m
variants fully, cause now I get:

$ drscheme
/usr/bin/drscheme: line 68: /usr/bin/mred: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/drscheme: line 68: exec: /usr/bin/mred: cannot execute: No such file
or directory

of course it is possible this is an indication of additional parallel make
failures. I was hoping to discuss those later though.

Version: GnuPG v2.0.5 (GNU/Linux)