[plt-scheme] SQLite

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Tue Jan 30 15:44:57 EST 2007

On Jan 30, 2007, at 11:47 AM, Felix Klock's PLT scheme proxy wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2007, at 2:05 PM, John Clements wrote:
>

>> On Jan 30, 2007, at 10:19 AM, Jay McCarthy wrote:
>>
>>> I believe I referred to this as a problem because I changed
>>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /sw/lib, a change which I would expect to
>>> be respected. Is there another environment variable to use with
>>> dlopen
>>> on OS X?
>>
>> This map be insultingly obvious, but I'll mention it anyway: If
>> you start applications from the OS X finder, they don't inherit
>> environment variables from standard .cshrc-et-al files.  There are
>> various ways to remedy this, but the easiest way is simply to
>> start DrScheme at the command line.
>
> Is the below one of the various remedies you are referring to?
>
> http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/qa1067.html
>
> (Executive summary:  set the value via the file ~/.MacOSX/
> environment.plist)
>
> I am only asking because I was unaware of this option before now,
> and if it works for DrScheme, people might wan to use it.

I have successfully used this mechanism to set environment variables
for DrScheme.  However, my personal preference is simply to start
DrScheme from the command line.  One reason for this is that it's
easier to "tweak" the setup if, for instance, you want to unset a
particular env variable before starting.  Another is that it ensures
that when I double-click on one of the "major release" versions, I'm
getting the same environment that my students are; that is, no env
vars set.

Ehh...

John Clements