[plt-scheme] SQLite

From: Felix Klock's PLT scheme proxy (pltscheme at pnkfx.org)
Date: Tue Jan 30 14:47:01 EST 2007

On Jan 30, 2007, at 2:05 PM, John Clements wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2007, at 10:19 AM, Jay McCarthy wrote:
>
>> I believe I referred to this as a problem because I changed
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /sw/lib, a change which I would expect to
>> be respected. Is there another environment variable to use with
>> dlopen
>> on OS X?
>
> This map be insultingly obvious, but I'll mention it anyway: If you
> start applications from the OS X finder, they don't inherit
> environment variables from standard .cshrc-et-al files.  There are
> various ways to remedy this, but the easiest way is simply to start
> DrScheme at the command line.

Is the below one of the various remedies you are referring to?

http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/qa1067.html

(Executive summary:  set the value via the file ~/.MacOSX/
environment.plist)

I am only asking because I was unaware of this option before now, and
if it works for DrScheme, people might wan to use it.

-Felix

Posted on the users mailing list.