[plt-scheme] mzscheme resident size

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 26 17:21:04 EST 2007

At Fri, 26 Jan 2007 22:32:20 +0530, "Joseph Koshy" wrote:
> I noticed that while building DrScheme from source,
> mzscheme in v360 grows to a very large size (over 256M
> in resident size).  This difference between v352 and v360
> was immediately noticeable on my FreeBSD 4 machine (which
> has 256M of RAM) :).

Is this during the install step, while compiling the Scheme code in
collections?

If so, I think v369.x works better, partly as a result of the new (or
at least newly default) memory manager, and partly because I fixed an
algorithm in macro expansion that could sometimes use too much memory.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.