[plt-scheme] Perplexed Programmers

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 29 11:46:46 EDT 2007

On Aug 29, 2007, at 11:37 AM, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:

> I think it does our discipline no good if people cannot back up these
> claims even in the face of friendly fire.  The only choice I see is to
> sustain a coruscating inquiry until we can get to the bottom of the
> reasons or give up on making these claims -- whichever the evidence
> supports.

My list of 'bad mouthing' the existing working SEs and even
more so the NSF-lobbying SE researchers has little to do with
Robin and Tony's quest for 'provably correct' software. I want
working software and accept the occasional hickup. I also want
such software to be produced efficiently and with competence.
These are the bullets that I listed in my message and I stand
by those bullets.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.