[plt-scheme] web-server memory use

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 30 16:47:13 EDT 2007

At Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:17:21 -0400, "Jay McCarthy" wrote:
> I used the cust-box and experimented a bit, [...]
> Currently, the server
> relies on killing the instance custodian to free up memory. And, the
> recent discussion demonstrates that that does not work.

Cool! Shutting down the custodian effectively removes the value from a
cust-box, making the value GCable if there's no other reference. I
didn't specifically intend that property of cust-box, but now that you
point it out, it seems obviously right and probably useful for many
taskse.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.