[plt-scheme] HtDP teachpacks in upcoming versions

From: Jacob Matthews (jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 27 18:48:50 EDT 2007

On 4/27/07, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> On Apr 27, 2007, at 3:25 PM, Stephen Bloch wrote:
>
> > 2) Is there any likelihood of my "tiles" teachpack (or something
> > like it that provides an algebra of images, e.g. horizontal
> > concatenation, vertical concatenation, rotation, reflection, etc...
> > scaling would be nice but I haven't written it yet) being bundled
> > with the next release of DrScheme?

My old officemate made a lab in which students developed a library for
this themselves. Actually the lab writeup was really fun, so you might
want to take a look at it:

http://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~adamshaw/cs151/Lab4/Lab4.html

It was called the "Fractal Homer" lab, for reasons that are probably
clear. The only real trick was that it's very useful to tell the
students to make an intermediate color-matrix (i.e. list of lists of
colors, where each list of colors has the same length) rather than
trying to figure out the definitions on flat color lists directly.

-jacob

Posted on the users mailing list.