[plt-scheme] HtDP teachpacks in upcoming versions

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 27 18:02:47 EDT 2007

On Apr 27, 2007, at 3:25 PM, Stephen Bloch wrote:

> Two questions for the Assembled Gurus:
>
> 1) On Dec. 28, I sent out an implementation of an alternative API
> for the world teachpack.  It was based on the version of world.ss
> bundled with version 360, not the reorganized more recent version,
> but the point is "what do people think of this API?"  It allows the
> following animations:

See run-simulation in HtDP/2e.

> 2) Is there any likelihood of my "tiles" teachpack (or something
> like it that provides an algebra of images, e.g. horizontal
> concatenation, vertical concatenation, rotation, reflection, etc...
> scaling would be nice but I haven't written it yet) being bundled
> with the next release of DrScheme?

I hadn't thought about it. Draft it, send it in, I'll see what I can
do next week.

> 3) my "tiles" teachpack is built on the current image teachpack,
> which I gather is being seriously redesigned.  According to the
> version I svn-ed a few minutes ago, pinholes still exist.  Are they
> likely to still exist (say) a year from now?

Pinholes will continue to exist for 370 (aka the next release), i.e.,
in May. They are likely to exist for the August release, too. Next
year? Last I heard global warming will melt everything by 2008,
including drscheme and the assembled gurus, so hukairs :]

-- Matthias

P.S. I promised and I will widen the domains for image.ss next week.

Posted on the users mailing list.