[plt-scheme] Compiler bug?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 17 08:50:54 EDT 2007

At Tue, 17 Apr 2007 08:40:29 -0400, "Jay McCarthy" wrote:
> Interesting. However, I think there still might be a bug.
>
> I've updated and now when I change that file and run mzscheme on it:
>
> ~/Development/plt/src/plt/trunk/collects/net
> jay $ mzscheme -mvt url-structs.ss
> standard-module-name-resolver: cycle in loading at
> #<path:/Users/jay/Development/plt/src/plt/trunk/collects/net/url-structs.ss>:
> (#<path:/Users/jay/Development/plt/src/plt/trunk/collects/net/url-structs.ss>
> #<path:/Users/jay/Development/plt/src/plt/trunk/collects/net/url-structs.ss>)
>
> Perhaps there is a bug in serialize that makes it require itself?

Try using the DrScheme module browser on "serialize.ss" (with the
unmodified "url-structs.ss"), and I think you'll see that it depends on
"url-structs.ss".

Most of the chain is missing in the error because the modules are
already compiled to ".zo" form, which means the load nesting doesn't
reflect the require chain. That's something we can improve some day.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.