[plt-scheme] using units (was enclosing-module-name)

From: support at taxupdate.com (support at taxupdate.com)
Date: Thu Apr 5 10:04:43 EDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 11:30:09AM -0400, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> A few years ago, I assigned the design and implementation of a TAX
> form language to my students in "software construction"

This language will focus on form population and printing, much like
a pdf "fill-in" form.  I'm using the 1040 as a sample application of
the language, because it's familiar to most in the US, and it is a fairly
demanding testbed for feature requirements.  There's no plan to focus on
tax forms specifically, however.

> I think you're on the right track as far as the development of a
> sandbox language goes but I would propose the use of UNITs instead of
> modules.

In a few experiments using DrScheme, it looks like the unit form requires
"Pretty Big" language.  How would I use this in an embedded environment?

Wayne

Posted on the users mailing list.