[plt-scheme] enclosing-module-name

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 5 11:30:09 EDT 2007

A few years ago, I assigned the design and implementation of a TAX
form language to my students in "software construction" (the last
course on programming and the first course on SE at Rice and here). I
think you're on the right track as far as the development of a
sandbox language goes but I would propose the use of UNITs instead of
modules. Consider Schedule C. You could imagine a family where both
mom and dad own a small company and their minor child is an aspiring
actor or tennis player who is also  incorporated as a company. In
that case, you want to use the same "unit of computation" three
times, parameterized over certain personal data. I used UNITs for
that, though I will admit not having Modules at the time. If I had
them, I would enclose the units in modules of the sandbox language.
-- Matthias