[plt-scheme] Re: package documentation

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz (jao at gnu.org)
Date: Tue Apr 3 08:38:22 EDT 2007

Dimitris Vyzovitis <vyzo at media.mit.edu>
writes:

> I have a little script that parses doc.txt and uses some meta-formatting
> to generate docs automatically.
> For example, here is how doc.txt for socket.plt looks:
> http://planet.plt-scheme.org/package-source/vyzo/socket.plt/1/1/doc.txt
> And this is the output:
> http://web.media.mit.edu/~vyzo/mzsocket/doc.html
> Style is configurable with css. The headers are picked up from the ==*/--*
> blurbs, and you can do pre-formatted regions or sections.
>
> I can post it or make a planet package for it if you like it.

That looks pretty nice. Now that i know that PLaneT accepts HTML docs,
i'm more inclined to use tex2page, though---just because i'm a long
time TeX user and emacs provides excellent support for TeX editing.
But maybe the creation of indexes for HelpDesk will turn me back to
doc.txt. If you have the time, i think posting or packaging your
script is a great idea: i'm sure it'll be useful to many people here.

Thanks,
jao
--
"It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students
that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they