[plt-scheme] package documentation

From: Dimitris Vyzovitis (vyzo at media.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 2 21:58:36 EDT 2007

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz wrote:

> Hi. I'm preparing the release of a little package, mzfam, providing a
> file alteration monitor for PLT-scheme (it uses FAM/Gamin if available
> or a native scheme implementation otherwise) [0]. Actually, the only
> piece missing is some docs, and i was thinking of writing a small
> manual using tex2page: should i also provide a doc.txt file to play
> nice with help-desk/planet? And, if so, how do people usually maintain
> text and HTML docs in sync? Is there any tool you would recommend?

I have a little script that parses doc.txt and uses some meta-formatting
to generate docs automatically.
For example, here is how doc.txt for socket.plt looks:
http://planet.plt-scheme.org/package-source/vyzo/socket.plt/1/1/doc.txt
And this is the output:
http://web.media.mit.edu/~vyzo/mzsocket/doc.html
Style is configurable with css. The headers are picked up from the ==*/--*
blurbs, and you can do pre-formatted regions or sections.

I can post it or make a planet package for it if you like it.

-- vyzo

Posted on the users mailing list.