[plt-scheme] PLT Web-Server

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 27 14:41:05 EDT 2006

> As for flapjax, I definitely look forward to this being released.  I am not
> that web-savvy myself, but I can definitely see the technical advantages to
> using scheme and continuations to designing websites.  Unfortunately, or
> fortunately, in this day and age and web2.0ism, one can not compete without
> ajax or similar technologies.  I definitely think, although I'm no expert in
> the domain of web design, that it will put it on the map next to RoR.

For those who want to persist with Scheme (and may you live to be
two-hundred), you should check out Manuel Serrano's Hop language,
which is Ajax while staying within the confines of Scheme.  (In contrast,
Flapjax is evil: it's JavaScript instead of Scheme.)

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.