[plt-scheme] Scheme MUD?

From: Doug Orleans (dougorleans at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 21 11:57:53 EDT 2006

Mark Engelberg writes:
 > The activity that has most inspired my son to program is playing on
 > MUDs.  (If you don't know what I'm talking about, see
 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUD).
 > Does anyone know of a MUD that uses Scheme as the programming language
 > that players use to program new rooms and interactive objects?

There is a short list here:

The Museme link actually points to my old web page.  Here's the new

The SchMUSE link is broken too.  Here's a paper, and the manual:

Perhaps someone with an account on the Tunes wiki can update the
links, or else I'll do it later.

I actually attempted to do a PhD thesis about MUD programming
languages, i.e. languages that could be used to build a
user-extensible MUD (or more generally, a user-extensible shared
object space, with or without the virtual-reality aspect).  I didn't
get all that far, but I have a page of links:

I haven't kept up with the field since 2001, though (and that page
hasn't been updated since).  But it should be a good starting point
for anyone who's interested in the subject.

--dougorleans at gmail.com

Posted on the users mailing list.