[plt-scheme] Games and stuff for OSX

From: Jon Rafkind (workmin at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 1 20:07:18 EDT 2006

Jaime Vargas wrote:

> On Sep 1, 2006, at 6:16 PM, Jon Rafkind wrote:
>
>> Oh you have to call (run) too.
>
> Ha so simple. Nice work! I tested with DrScheme and found a
> few issues:
>
> (require (planet "exhello.ss" ("kazzmir" "allegro.plt" 1 4) "examples"))
>
> Doesn't seem to run. I get OSX spinning ball of death. Then
> I need to force quit DrScheme, because it hangs.  The other
> demos work fine, but you are right xquest is not very playable.

Ah I know why exhello doesnt run. OSX needs a special thread to run in
the background to update the screen otherwise you get the spinning ball
of death as you say. Ill rewrite exhello to use this special thread.
> Another issue is that none of the games work when using mzscheme.
> Here is the error.
>
> $ mzscheme
> Welcome to MzScheme version 352.5, Copyright (c) 2004-2006 PLT Scheme Inc.
> > (require (planet "exhello.ss" ("kazzmir" "allegro.plt" 1 4) "examples"))
> > (run)
> RegisterProcess failed (error = -50)
> Abort trap

I havent seen that error before, I use mzscheme on the command line
exclusively. What version of osx do you have?

Posted on the users mailing list.