[plt-scheme] Beta of game framework

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Fri Oct 27 12:28:33 EDT 2006

On Oct 26, 2006, at 10:27 PM, Jon Rafkind wrote:

> I have been working on a simple game framework for use with my
> allegro.plt planet package, an all-in-one media library mostly for
> writing games in. The framework removes most of the work in
> deciding how to structure a game leaving only the most basic
> routines to be coded by the user: logic and drawing. Its pretty
> fresh and maybe not that useful yet but I just wanted to get it out
> there in case anyone has any comments.
> Planet package: http://www.rafkind.com/jon/tar/scheme/allegro/1/5/
> allegro.plt
> Documentation: http://www.rafkind.com/jon/tar/scheme/allegro/1/5/
> doc.txt
> Example game using this: http://www.rafkind.com/jon/tmp/simple.ss
>
> Video of that game: http://www.rafkind.com/jon/tmp/simple.mpg

This movie didn't work at all for me under quicktime/mac.  I tried
downloading it and playing it with the QT player and got a small
black window, ~ 15px by 15px.  I clicked play, and it ran for about a
second and nothing happened.

> Or on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV7ClMSOZp4

This one worked fine.  Looks awesome! Can't wait to play the game.
Er... this stuff works on OSX now, right?

Thanks!

John Clements