[plt-scheme] Annotating Documentation

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 23 11:23:22 EDT 2006

> 	I think this could be a tremendously useful tool.  I know I am not
> the only person who could use more tutorial-like documentation;
> annotating the existing documentation would be a big step in that
> direction.  It already takes place on this forum; it only needs to be
> put in the right place.

Hi Nicholas,

I think, though, we should try to push as much as we can into the Scheme
Cookbook.

     http://schemecookbook.org/

I agree that there's a need for more example-driven documentation; that
documentation, though, that it doesn't necessarily have to attach directly
to pages.  The feature that worldforum provides --- attaching annotations
to pages --- does seem really cool.  Still, it's one more "moving part"
that depends on WorldForum being always around.  If the Scheme Cookbook
can do what we want, then why not use it?

Posted on the users mailing list.