[plt-scheme] Appalling performance of DrScheme on Windows

From: Chongkai Zhu (u0476504 at utah.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 23 10:31:10 EDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: plt-scheme-bounces at list.cs.brown.edu on behalf of Robert Thorpe
Sent: Fri 6/23/2006 6:04 AM
To: plt-scheme at list.cs.brown.edu
Subject: Re: [plt-scheme] Appalling performance of DrScheme on Windows

> But, I've noticed DrScheme hammers memory quite hard, when minimized in Windows it uses ~5MB.  If you then maximize it and hit "run"  this goes up to ~56MB.
Could it be the problem people are experiencing is something to do with using a virus checker than checks pages as they are loaded into physical memory?
AFAIK no virus checker works this way though.

No, because I never have virus checker installed on my Windows, but I do feel the extreme long response time when I left my computer several hours and back.

>Rob

Chongkai